University of Illinois Chicago
We are committed to academic excellence and to helping you reach your highest potential. As one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse universities in the country, UIC’s welcoming environment gives you the chance to study, work and grow with classmates who will broaden your perspectives and worldview.
The University of Illinois Chicago is a progressive, ground-breaking research university that serves the needs of aspiring students and a devoted top-tier faculty who share a commitment to the promise of public education and the imperative of social justice and civic engagement – doing good and giving back. The university’s unique coupling of liberal arts, health sciences and research actualizes opportunities for personal enrichment, professional preparedness and scholarly advancement.
As an acclaimed research institution dedicated to the generation, dissemination and preservation of knowledge; with 15 top-ranked colleges and a health sciences system that includes a hospital, clinics and seven health sciences colleges; as one of the most ethnically rich and culturally diverse public universities in the country; and with the distinction of being located in Chicago, one of the world’s most vibrant and economically robust cities, UIC makes real its claim: Access to excellence and success.
UIC provides the broadest access to the highest levels of intellectual excellence. UIC’s mission is:
- To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
- To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
- To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
- To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
- To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities.